Inspiration -

Where does it come from? For someone who has recently been professionally diagnosed with ADD inspiration comes from all angles at no set time or place. For example I was inspired to write about inspiration while I was eating a protein bar for lunch. Yes, a protein bar. It’s my dirty little food secret – I eat protein bars and shakes on occasion.

Today, a few minutes ago, I had a protein bar for lunch. One bite and 40 chews later I thought, “what is the inspiration behind these dense blocks of substance?”

When I cook I’m always thinking about how to balance flavors and create textures to stimulate as many senses as possible. I find inspiration from food memories from the past and present. Inspiration, I guess, is around us 24/7. It’s just a matter of doing something with it.

No comments: