Going back...

It’s official~ Starting November 15th I am going back to culinary arts school. A couple of years after high school I attended the The Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago. What I can remember during my short lived stay is that the school was ranked as one of the best in teaching classical French cooking technique. Looking back on why I didn't finish I realized that I was there for the wrong reasons.

My mom lost a battle to cancer during my high school years. She stipulated in the will that I had to graduate with a post secondary degree. Like I mentioned in my first blog entry, You have to start somewhere, I grew up in a single parent home helping my mom in the kitchen. I thought that CHIC would keep me connected with my childhood memories. Oh I was wrong.

I enjoy being in a kitchen so I've decided that it’s time for me to take my passion to another level and go back to school. Classic Cooking Academy in Scottsdale, Arizona offers a 24 week part-time program that starts this Saturday.

I’m not sure what to fully expect or exactly what the credentials will do for my personal and professional goals. Either way I'm confident that this time I'm going for the right reasons and I'm eager to get started.

2 comments:

Matt E said...

Congrats! I'm glad you're pursuing your passion.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I'm so happy for you.