You have to start somewhere

Whether you believe the chicken came before the egg or vice versa it is a fact that one or other had to start somehow and somewhere. So, I’ve decided that I’m going to give this blog thing a try.

I’m not sure if there’s a format that I have to follow so until someone asks me, what the hell I’m doing or writing, I’m just going to write. If you're interested in my blog then you should probably know a little bit about me and what my blog will be about.

I’ve been in the kitchen since I could remember. I was raised by my mom, who was one of five sisters, that had southern values. She believed that if you didn’t help make the meal then you clean up after. The thought of cleaning up after my big brother, who was four years older, was bad enough that I didn’t care what I had to do to help so that I didn’t have to clean up after him.

I didn’t care if my brother was teasing me for, what he thought was crying, when I sliced onions or having nightmares for at least a year of being attacked by a flock of ducks. Still to this day I think I would have nightmares if I were to pluck feathers from a dead duck. The teasing and the nightmares were worth it because it was my brother who had to clean up after me and not vice versa. So, Big Brother, HA!

Being in the kitchen is where I belong, it’s where I’m the happiest, it’s where I can do things my way, it’s a place to be creative, a place to experiment, a place for memories, and a place to bring others together. I hope that you will use my blog as a reference for classic recipes, techniques, and, creative dishes. Most importantly I hope my blog will bring as much joy into your life as is in mine. The kitchen, my home, my sanctuary….

No comments: